19 October 2011

Bye, Kuya JD



Today I learned that someone I knew was killed in Basilan in an encounter with the MILF.

Surreal.

We weren't exactly friends. But he was a senior when I was a freshman in highschool, and he has always been one of our favorite upperclassmen, because he was nice, funny, and had an easy laugh.

We weren't friends, but I knew him, and he was killed by his own countrymen in an ugly war that should have ended a long time ago.

That somehow makes his death difficult to accept, and I can only imagine how his parents, his brother (who's also in the army), and his friends are feeling.

Bye Kuya JD, I didn't know you that well, but I do know that wherever you are now, you're making everyone around you laugh. Rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...