29 November 2011

Elbi Eats: Faustina's


Mom took me out for lunch at Faustina's today and fell in love the moment I laid eyes on the menu.



Old love letters on the cover! The formality of speech amused me but it also made me feel a little sad that letters like these are no longer written in this day and age. I also learned that Faustina and Celestino are the parents of my ninong. Not that it meant anything, but I liked having an idea of who these people writing these beautiful letters were. 

I loved the place too. Cozy, and sparsely but elegantly decorated.

Hello reflection. 

One wall was purple. Like!

I want this clock for my dining room.

The food is a bit expensive relative to other places around UPLB, but not so much compared to Manila prices. The menu had lots of pictures too haha nakakagutom I wanted to get everything! Mom recommended the Silindro Ribs served with pinakurat, steamed rice and buttered vegetables. It didn't disappoint. :)
 

Silindro Ribs. 175php

Mom ordered the Tomato and White Cheese Pasta because I wanted to try it too. :D Simple fare, but flavorful and delicious. After lunch I texted my dad and asked him to pick up some white cheese because I liked it so much and wanted to replicate it at home! 

Tomato and white cheese pasta. Junior - 85php.
For dessert we shared a blueberry cheesecake which was okay, but it was still frozen when served so it was difficult to eat. We had to wait a while for it to become soft enough to eat with a fork. 



Dining there was a delight both for the eyes and for the tastebuds. I want to eat there everyday and try everything on the menu! :P

Oh. Another photo from today, because kuya waiter looked so serious posing by the doorway hehehe.


PS: Guess what we had for dinner? My own version of the tomato and white cheese pasta, made from scratch. I've been spending a lot of time in front of the stove lately, and I'm having a lot of fun. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...