24 October 2011

Zumba-ing


After months of non-exercising, I finally managed to drag my lazy ass to a Zumba class today.


It was exhausting. I read in a Babysitters Club book once that women glow, men perspire, and horses sweat, but 15 minutes into the class I was sure I wasn't glowing!!! I was a horse hahaha, but that's fine, for the first time in a long time, I felt as energetic as a horse too. :D
Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s.
Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Zumba's choreography incorporates hip-hop, samba, salsa, merengue, mambo, martial arts, and some Bollywood and belly dance moves. Squats and lunges are also included.
The backstory was one day he forgot to bring the music for his aerobics class and improvised with the music available in his car, and his students enjoyed it!

 I understand why, because it's the most fun I've had exercising ever. I've been reading articles on the internet, and they're right, it's like one big latin dance party. And the hour passed by so quickly I was surprised when our instructor said the class was over! My body was thankful though hehehe, my ankles and knees were already feeling weak and my body was hurting everywhere!

This activity makes me happy because I think it's one I can stick with. It doesn't require equipment nor waking up early in the morning, it's fun, and our instructor did it in short routines in succession it was actually like playing Just Dance on the Wii for an hour straight.  And the endorphin high, grabe! I've been out of exercise for such a long time I had forgotten how it felt like. Why did I ever let go of it it's such a nice feeling!

Bonus nalang if I lose weight, because I still eat a lot. (Hello, just take a glance at my blog entries!) I'll have to work on eating healthier and better food, but baby steps muna. I'm not ready to give up chocolates and chicken wings and pizza just yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...