04 February 2012

This Was Written For Me

A few years back, I discovered this blog on StumbleUpon. It was called "I Wrote This For You" and every post is a black and white photo with one or several lines that either tug at the heartstrings, or make you say "I feel exactly that way right now/ sometimes!!!"

I also like this message on the blog header:
I NEED YOU TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING. I WROTE THIS FOR YOU. I WROTE THIS FOR YOU AND ONLY YOU. EVERYONE ELSE WHO READS IT, DOESN’T GET IT. THEY MAY THINK THEY GET IT, BUT THEY DON’T. THIS IS THE SIGN YOU’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR. YOU WERE MEANT TO READ THESE WORDS. 
See? I am so special, it was written for ME AND ONLY ME! Hahaha!

I kid, but seriously, I think those words really capture the essence of his blog. And I love how he says "THIS IS THE SIGN YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR" because I think everybody looks for signs, either actively as in "universe please give me a sign nowww!!!" or unconsciously.

I am not really one to look for signs, but today, I felt like I was given one. The past weeks have been crazy and nerve wracking because the boards are looming over me like a dark gray cloud. I have never admitted it before, but I am scared. There. I said it. I've never been afraid of an exam before. I've always known I could do well in anything I wanted but things have happened in the recent years which have led me to second guess myself, and so I am terrified.

And then I saw a post on my reader, which led me to back-read my Tumblr for old IWTFY posts. And I found this. After reading the first line, I knew I was meant to read it.
On this day, you read something that moved you and made you realise there were no more fears to fear.
And when I got to the part where it said:
That everything you want to happen, will happen, if you decide you want it enough. 
I cried. Crazy, but I really needed to hear that. Sign or not, those words calmed my soul and put my mind slightly at ease. 

To the guy who keeps writing these things, it's too bad that you're married, because I think I'm in love with you. Hahaha. Thank you for your words. :)

I promise this video will give you goosebumps


---
His 500th post was my favorite post of all time and I think everyone who needs a mood boost, extra confidence or encouragement will gain from reading it.

He is also releasing a book, check it out on thiswaswrittenfor.me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...